Prize details will be announced at the beginning of each contest.
- All registered and active members that meet the qualifications below are encouraged to participate.
- Contest prize winners must sit out from the following contest. This gives everyone a chance.
- Contest entries must be new flies submitted to Sacred Fly. You can not link a fly you uploaded previously.
- General Rules
- Members may submit no more than one entry per contest.
- Members must own the full copyright to any photo they enter into the contest. In most cases, members are the photographer of the photos they enter. Please only enter flies that you have created yourself.
- Flies that have previously been a part of other contests or competitions of any kind are not permitted. If you previously entered a contest on this website and did not place, you may re-enter your fly.
- Winners may be asked to provide proof of tying their fly. Failing to do so would result in disqualification.
- Entry Content
- Photo must be of a fly you created.
- Photo must be sharp and in focus.
- The fly should align with contest parameters (outlined in each individual contest)
There are currently four phases of the contest: entry submission, member voting, and final award
Create a new reply in the contest forum topic using the template provided in this forum linked here.
Once the submission deadline has past, the contest will be opened for voting. One vote per person per contest.
First, second, and third place entries all receive contest awards as outlined in the topic for each contest.
How To Enter The Contest
To enter a contest, use the template in this thread and create a reply in the appropriate contest topic.
A more detailed description of how to participate will be given at the beginning of each contest.
How To Claim A Prize
If you win a contest please contact the site administrator and let them know which entry you submitted and how you would like to have the prize shipped.
- These rules are currently in development and will change. If you have any ideas or suggestions, post them in the contest forum.
- If a tie occurs, the public vote will be the tie breaker. If the public vote does not resolve the tie, the contest judges will make a final decision.
- Anyone found to be cheating in any way will be disqualified.
- Any entry that breaks the rules above will be disqualified upon the sole discretion of the administrator.
- Sacred Fly reserves the right to use submitted contest images. This could include but is not limited to, being posted on advertising banners, logos, pamphlets, care sheets, calendars, and any other possible future promotional materials and/or products to help maintain Sacred Fly.
- Entrant agrees to hold harmless Sacred Fly and its staff from any claim by any third party relating to any rights in any entry submitted.
- Entrants agree to abide by these rules and by the decisions of Sacred Fly, whose decisions are final. Failure to comply with these rules may result in disqualification from the contest. Sacred Fly reserves the right to permanently disqualify from the Contest any person it believes has intentionally violated these rules.
Few things to keep in mind when voting on a pattern for a contest:
Don’t judge a pattern based solely on the quality of the photograph. This certainly should be considered but look for other qualities as well, for example
- Does the pattern have a good background and overview description
- Are all the materials listed clearly in the materials list
- Are there any instructions with the pattern? If so, do they include photographs?
- Is there a video tutorial associated with it? Either one created directly by the pattern author or linked to another video of a similar pattern
- Are there any additional references and if so, are they useful?
All of the above should be considered when voting for a pattern winner. Hope that helps!